Caledonia is a 75 metre long square-rigged barquentine. Until 2009 she was operated by Canadian Sailing Expeditions (CSE) sailing eastern Canada, Quebec and the Caribbean.
The ship was built at the Cooks and Welton shipyard in Hull, England and launched in 1947. she commenced service as the Akurey as part of the Icelandic fishing fleet. From 1972 to 2001 she was owned by Techno Navigation and operated as Petrel V operating in the Great Lakes and Quebec. In 2001, she was acquired by Cape Harrison Marine, St. Johnís Newfoundland and renamed Cape Harrison. She was bought by Canadian Sailing Expeditions in 2002 and converted to a sailing barquentine and based in Nova Scotia from 2004. The ship was renovated extensively in 2008, but CSE subsequently ceased operations in November 2009.
The Main Salon/ Dining Room seats 76 guests.
The ship has 31 cabins with 77 berths. Cabins and suites have private ensuite shower and toilet.
|Built by:||Cooks and Welton shipyard, Hull, UK|